Terrain Seattle is looking to expand their landscape design division by adding a Landscape Designer to the team. If you have a passion for creating unique outdoor spaces, have a degree in Landscape Architecture and have 2+ years of experience in landscape design, then you may be the right fit for this position. We are looking for designers that are early in their career who have an interest in expanding their knowledge of Landscape Architecture, planting, software development and design execution.
What Makes Terrain Different?
Terrain is a design/build firm that services luxury level residential homes in the Greater Seattle area. While working at Terrain you will assist the Landscape Architect in conceptual designs, plan set creation, materials selections, permit acquisition, etc. Because we are a design/build firm, your involvement in the project begins at an initial idea and is seen through to final installation. At Terrain we do what we say we are going to do. It is our responsibility as designers to ensure that our clients visions become reality.
Required & Preferred Experience:
- A bachelor’s or master’s in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in the Landscape Architecture industry
- Handing drafting and hand rendering skills
- Ability to read existing plan sets
- Knowledge of native and ornamental planting in the Pacific Northwest
- Expert level experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Land F/X, Sketchup
- Microsoft Office experience
- A passion for creating unique, beautiful spaces for luxury level clientele
- Ability to work as a team or individually
- Passion for learning and growing within the industry
- Interest in pursuing your Washington State Landscape Architecture license is a plus.
- Experience with a digital 3D rendering software is a plus.
- On site measuring/base map creation is a plus.
What Terrain can give to you?
- A fun and collaborative environment to learn and grow
- A range of high-level Seattle homes to practice your creativity and skills
- Quarterly company team days ranging from fishing trips, yacht trips, and team BBQs
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Competitive salary
- 100% employer paid health insurance
- Yearly training support budget to assist you in growing your career
Terrain Seattle is one of the leading residential landscape design and installation businesses in the Greater Seattle area. For over 25 years, we have provided unique, cutting-edge solutions to Seattle's homeowner needs.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio of past work below or email firstname.lastname@example.org