ACCOUNTS PAYABLE / BOOKKEEPER
We are seeking a detail-oriented and highly organized Accounts Payable / Bookkeeper to join our group of small dynamic companies. As an integral member of our finance department, you will play a crucial role in ensuring accurate and timely processing of accounts payable transactions. Your expertise will contribute to the financial success of our projects and the overall efficiency of our operations.
We are located in newly remodeled bright offices in Normandy Park (near Seatac Airport). You will be providing onsite bookkeeping and reporting to our contracted large accounting firm and CFO. We have a General Contracting division, Real Estate division, Landscape Architecture and Equipment Sales (inventory based).
- Process and review accounts payable invoices, ensuring accuracy, proper coding, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices, purchase orders, and receipts, resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Prepare and process payments to vendors through various methods such as checks, electronic funds transfers, and ACH payments.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date accounts payable records and documentation for audit and reference purposes.
- Reconcile vendor statements, addressing any discrepancies or outstanding balances promptly.
- Communicate effectively with vendors, suppliers, and internal stakeholders to resolve inquiries and facilitate efficient payment processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including procurement and project management, to ensure timely and accurate recording of expenses related to ongoing projects.
- Assist in the month-end closing process by reconciling accounts payable balances and providing necessary reports and analysis.
- Monitor and manage the accounts payable aging report, taking appropriate actions to address overdue payments and ensure on-time vendor payments.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives within the accounts payable function, striving for greater accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and analysis related to accounts payable as required by management.
- Stay updated on industry best practices, regulatory changes, and technological advancements that impact the accounts payable process.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounts payable or a similar financial role, preferably within the real estate or construction industry.
- Proficiency in accounting software and ERP systems (e.g., QuickBooks, SAP, Oracle), as well as Microsoft Excel.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and accounts payable best practices.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to identify and resolve discrepancies effectively.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to interact with vendors, team members, and stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Analytical mindset with a problem-solving orientation.
- High level of integrity and professionalism when handling sensitive financial information.
- Knowledge of real estate development processes and terminology is a plus.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive health insurance.
- Generous responsible paid time off and holiday schedule.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth within a rapidly expanding company.
If you are a dedicated and skilled bookkeeper looking to contribute your expertise to a thriving company, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and be a key player in shaping the financial success of our exciting projects.
COMPENSATION: $60,000 - $80,000 DOE
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
PLEASE APPLY BELOW